SMART FAVA BEAN = PLANT PROTEIN OF THE FUTURE
NUTRIS.farm™ aims to plant 15,000 hectares of fava beans and 2,000 hectares of potatoes within the next five years to achieve 100% production coverage with domestic raw materials in the unique hybrid factory NUTRIS.tech™.
Fava beans represent big opportunity on many levels:
individually, when it comes to the personal health,
economically, as they contribute to finding solutions for our growing agricultural challenges,
globally, as it contributes to the fight against climate changes.
….so many promising possibilities in one small bean.
NEXT GENERATION AGRICULTURE
NUTRIS.farm™ is leading organization of the sustainable production of the high yield crops and sustainable seed material, with the purpose of whole plant valorization.
The focus in primary production are fava beans and industrial potato.
The company operates on the principles of classic cooperation, but with significantly changed approach.
Our business philosophy of the next generation agriculture implies that each subcontractor is approached individually, and that in addition to the basic services of the production organizer, we provide added value that will have a positive impact on both farmer’s business result and the quality of delivered raw materials.
SAFE AND GUARANTEED PRODUCT PURCHASE
The business model is based on joint production. NUTRIS.farm™ provides production conditions and a contract for the purchase of subcontractors’ products at a pre-agreed price, which provides security in making a profit.
To expand the production of beans, NUTRIS.farm™ provides seeds, provides complete business support, and monitors production with subcontractors.
By producing for the needs of NUTRIS.farm™, farmers can directly participate in the supply chain of world food companies.
Proteins are the foundation of a healthy nutrition, and the fields in Croatia are ecologically clean for growing fava beans, which are one of the cultures of the future.
This smart beans bring many benefits to farmers – growing fava beans does not require the use of fertilizer N46, does not require additional investments into machinery and it fits perfectly in Croatian crop rotation, and in return it fixes nitrogen in the soil and loosens the soil for other plants.
BENEFITS OF THE FAVA BEAN PLANTING
Increased production and sustainability can work together
- Cultivation requires minimal use of fertilizers
- Reduced CO2 emissions provide an opportunity for a sustainable future in financial and environmental terms
Significant sales potential with subsidies
- Continuous market growth of the plant-based products, with the expected full potential realization in 2035
- In Croatia, fava beans are listed as vegetables for the payment of the production –realted subsidies, in the amount of 3.000,00 kn / ha. All farmers who meet the condition of a minimum produced and delivered quantity of beans of 1.5 t / ha have the right to payment.
European Green Deal
BENEFITS OF THE INDUSTRIAL POTATO PLANTING
Minimum operation – maximum efficiency
- Growing this culture requires minimal human labor
- By processing industrial potatoes into potato starch, all potatoes are used regardless of calibration
- Industrial potatoes are less susceptible to bruising which allows for faster handling
Significant sales potential
- Continuous growth in global consumption of potato starch, which is estimated to reach 4 million tons by 2023, with further growth at an average rate of 2.8% per year
- Use in the food, textile, and chemical industries
- The NUTRIS.team is continuously researching how to improve soil health with the aim of increasing crop capacity to better withstand weather variability
LET’S GROW TOGETHER
You are a farmer, food producer, own an organic farm or a small craft for the plant production and want to enhance your business? You are open for innovations and use of technology and passionate for nutrition? Contact us to get introduced to all the advantages of our innovative fava bean production cooperation and benefits for your business, as well as for human health and the environment.